Monday, April 30, 2007

Praise You in this Storm...

It was nice to have a somewhat uneventful weekend after all the events from last weekend. So, we did a little yard work (okay dad did, not me), a little house work and ran some errands. Have I mentioned that it is so nice to be able to get the babies out and about now?

We are having the girls’ dedication at church in two weeks on Mother’s Day Sunday. It will be the first time the girls have gone to church since they were in my belly. We have just been given the “okay” to get the girls out and about, but we haven’t taken them to church yet. I think we are afraid of them being so close to so many other babies and children and getting sick. But, we need to start sometime because we want our girls to be raised in church, and they are going to get sick eventually, right? We are still extra cautious though.

I came across a song over the weekend, which I know I’ve heard before, but I guess I’ve never really listened to the words. The song is “Praise You in this Storm” by Casting Crowns. It was really powerful to me. The video is below just before pictures of the girls.
It is so easy for me to say “Praise God” now that our girls are home and healthy. But, did I praise Him through the storm? I know that I prayed a lot during the two months that the girls were in the NICU. I think at times my prayers to God were more of me begging God to make our girls well. I am reminded of the story of Job where everything is taken from him, but he continues to praise God:

"As for me, I would seek God, and to God would I commit my cause; who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number: he gives rain upon the earth and sends waters upon the fields; he sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.” Job 5: 8-11

I strive to be more like Job, whose faith in God was unshakable. I want to praise God through the storm and not just after the storm when I know that everything is okay. God’s grace and mercy have been revealed to me through our experience with our babies, and to Him be all the glory.

Here are a few pictures of the girls lately. They are getting so big! B is trying so hard to crawl, I think. She lies on her stomach and pushes up her knees and almost stands on her toes with her face planted into the ground. Then she tries to push forward but just rolls over onto her back. It won’t be long until these two are scooting all over the place. I better rest up now!

Bailey patiently waiting her turn in the middle for some rice cereal

Both girls smiling for the camera - rare! A - left, B - right

A is not cooperating for this shot!


B says, "hurry up and take the picture!"

1 comment:

Mom n' Dad said...

And this folks, is exactly why I love my wife!