Thursday, November 30, 2006
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Anyone remember that Jonny Cash song?
Well today is Thanksgiving, and with out the fear of tears I can only say thank you to y'all that visit this site to check on the well being of Allie and Brooke and Mom N' Dad. Your thoughts, prayers and heart felt comments have touched us all very much. You have been along for such a roller coaster ride from September 8th till now. I sit and type this as I stare at my little girls basking in the sleep that only a full tummy brings! (Dad will know that feeling all to well around the 2nd quarter of the Buccaneers' game today...who are my Bucs playing today anyways?)
Thank you for visiting A & B! Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your gifts. Thank you for your advice. Thank you for your friendship, and thank you for being family.
Thank you Dr. B and Dr. K! (PS: Dr. K forgot to tell me you were a bonafide TV star! We saw you on Discovery Health!) Thank you nurses and Dr's of the NICU at Medical Center of Plano.
Thank you Lord for being the "great physician" that your Word claims you are. Thank you for holding my girls when we couldn't be there. Thank you for giving me the gift of fatherhood and blessing my doubly so! I know that all we have been through and all that we have called on you to do, you have been steadfast and our Rock. Thank you!
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Some “twin” funnies for your entertainment. Shirts I have seen:
One Baby? I laugh at your One Baby!
Yes they are twins!
1) Yes they are identical
2) Yes I can tell them apart
3) Yes my hands are full, so is my heart!
4) Yes they are natural, what is an artificial twin anyway?
5) I’m Glad they are mine and not yours too
Inventive skill of combining the efforts of two toddlers in the pursuit of a common goal (i.e. candy, toys, room destruction, nap evasion, etc.) See also - Twintelligence
Monday, November 20, 2006
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Good thing it is a short week for work. We will take A & B over to my parents house for Thanksgiving. Should be fun trying to get them out there. The Dr's do not want the girls out very long in the elements, so we will pack them in and pack them out of the car as fast as possible. I will post more pics soon. Mom is having fun dressing them and setting them with a backdrop and snapping some pics.
We have more Dr's appointments this week, so I will give you updates soon.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Monday, November 13, 2006
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Co-bedding once again...for about 1 hour and then they started grunting at one another like apes. I am a firm believer in Creationism, but my girls grunt like primates. Hope they don't have another habit primates are known for...Poo Flinging comes to mind!
How fitting! From a primadona to fashionably late, Brooke has always been more of the Diva!
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Friday, November 10, 2006
The setup before Dad tore into it all. I never want to see that much pink again!
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Tigger and Pooh DID show up! They are ready to get into the car and go see the girls! Holding two infant carriers really made it hit home that I have TWO KIDS!!! Vampires beware...our girls' protection! Hand crafted by Grandpa (mom's grandpa that is). He's got skills! Painted to match by Mom. Actually placed to show that God is with our girls, always. Like the chair rail that Dad and the girls' uncle put up? Skills!!!!
Friday, November 03, 2006
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
1) Mom N' Dad stayed at home to hand out candy last night. Do kids trick-or-treat anymore?
2) And the few kids that do, whats with not having a costume? And whats with taking 1/2 the bowl in one scoop?
3) I am not ready to have two kids at home. I like being able to pass them off. I am just scared to death. Right now they have monitors that beep when something is not right. Not at home...
4) Did you know that second hand smoke goes WAY beyond the actual breathing in of someone else's expressed smoke? The harmful chemicals in a smokers clothes, hair and skin are just as bad for you as breathing in their smoke.
5) Second hand smoke, as mentioned above, is the second leading cause of SIDS.
6) Allie LOVES her pacifier. She looks like this
7) Brooke loves her bath. I should save up for one of these
8) How long before I can get my twins to work in movies or commercials and it isn't considered exploitation? These girls have cost me a fortune already and they haven't even been home. Time to earn their keep!
9) We got the short end of the grandparent naming stick. We are the last of the children to have grandkids. All 5 grandparents have names already.
10) Was it as weird reading "5 grandparents" as it was typing it? That's the Boomer generation for you! The girls have two sets of grandparents...on just Dad's side.