Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Rock and Roll Twins

These are all real song titles, people. You may have to search a little to find them, but they are real (even if you or I have never heard of them).

The girls are having so much fun getting out and about at the mall, Target, and going on walks. They are SO quiet as they take in the world around them. “A” is so funny b/c when someone talks to her, she just studies them very intently. “B” will usually give a smile and make funny faces. She has really learned how to use her high pitch scream in public places. It is SO loud, and people all over the place stare at us. I (mom) really need to start a list of all the funny questions I get and ALL the people who come up to me with twin stories. A lady in Target the other day talked to me for about 20 minutes about her identical granddaughters. I now know their names, birthdates, birth weights and several funny stories about them. She showed me several pictures too! So, next time I am in North Carolina (where they live), I could probably pick them out from a crowd. I used to think that twins were a rare thing, but they really are not. EVERYONE either is a twin, has twins, or knows someone with twins. And they want to tell you all about it. I mean, what are the odds. I was in Wal-Mart the other day. The lady standing in front of me had twin nieces. The guy behind me is a twin. And the lady who rang me up has twins. Of course, she said she is hoping for triplets next…CRAZY! Someone in the mall the other day asked if they were boys or girls. I had to bite my tongue as I kindly said “girls” as I look at them in their strollers WEARING BOWS in their hair. I know she looked at them before asking too. Maybe boys wear bows where she is from :)

Anyhoo, we will be going to the NICU reunion this Saturday. It will be nice to see all the great nurses and doctors who took such great care of our girls for 2 months. Hopefully we’ll get to see some of our roommates too. We’ll definitely be posting some pictures from that next week.
"B" is modeling her new mohawk hairdo

And here is "A" modeling her pretty hair - okay maybe she's sleeping

Here is the actual modeling picture of "A"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad ya'll are getting out now and doing better. Girl, I so hear ya about the questions and the "twin" stories. ;) When it comes to multiples some people just go crazy and I'm sure the comments and stories from grandmothers and a friend of a friend who has twins, will never stop. I get the "twin" talks all the time, occasional triplets and a rare quadruplets. Although, for us it's usually "My friends mothers sister had a friend that knew a woman at her church that had quadruplets." Oh the fun of living the life of multiples!