Thursday, May 31, 2007

If My Nose Were Full of Nickels...

Mom here. Well, we had a fun night last night ;) We all took a little trip to the ER around 1:30 am. Poor little “B” was gasping for air, and we couldn’t do anything to help clear her up. So, we packed up a very sleepy “A” and all went to the hospital. Two hours and probably $500 later, we were sent home after they stuck a tube down B’s nose and throat to suction out a lot of thick snot. Gross, I know. She slept in her car seat for the rest of the night, and I am suctioning her out every few hours and giving her some yucky Robitussin. Poor thing. She’ll probably sleep in her swing or papasan chair tonight because that seems to make it a little better. We got her lab tests back from the pediatrician, and they came back negative for E-Coli, Salmonella, or Rotavirus. Good news! But, she is still fighting this stomach bug or whatever it is. I think it is actually better, so maybe this lactose free formula is doing the trick. So, I have to prepare two different kinds of formula, and B can’t have fruit yet, which A has already started on. Each meal is different for each of them, which is kind of a pain in the neck, but that’s okay. As soon as “B” is all better, we’ll get them back on the same schedule. That’s all I got for now. Gotta go stick a suction bulb up someone’s nose. Do I get paid extra for that? Probably not.


The girls are chilling in daddy's chair again.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Thing! Hope the suctioning is helping. I hope things calm down and get more of regular for ya'll soon. It does make everything much more exuasting when everyones not on the same schedule or eating regiment. Hope everyone can get some rest!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog and I have to say you have the two most beautiful little girls I've ever seen -- they are just darling!