Sunday, January 20, 2008

Turn Your Love Around...

Dad here! Just got back from being away from my babies (yes all "three" of them) for a whole week. My driving force while away was to get back home to hug and kiss on all three! I love my kids...and nothing reaffirms that like some time away to really see what is important in life. Amidst all the anger, stupidity and frustration of my trip I can take a step back and see the images of my kids in the NICU struggling with life some 16 months ago and all I can think to myself is "Nothing else matters!" Not an angry exhibitor, nor a dumb brained decision by the "higher ups" can change the fact that I have seen nightmares and miracles...and you sirs...are neither! I arrived home to, lets just call it, little fan fare! Both girls were sound asleep as Mom pulled up to the airport. I must say that after being gone a week, my wife must have gotten prettier by the day! I just simply forgot how beautiful she really is. I guess you take advantage of it when you get to lay down next to her each night!!!! As Napoleon Dynamite says..."LUCKY!!!!!" My girls are freaking amazing. I sit in awe as Brooke grabs her toys and walks across the floor and then climbs all over the window sill or ottoman. My heart melts when I see Allie, who is playing with two shoes, hands one to her sister so they can share and each have one. I am a blessed man. Not so much lucky...but blessed!




1 comment:

Chad & Amy said...

Yes, you have been blessed. You have not only a great beautiful wife, but TWO beautiful girls. You better keep working out so you can fend off all the boys in a few years. Double the fun right:)