Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hole Hearted...

OK, it has been a long time since I just rambled...but with the one hour of calm I call nap time let me spew some of my cerebral-ism's on whomever shall read:

1) I am this guy, and I will not apologize for it! What would you do if Texans decided to take back all the Dr. Pepper and Blue Bell ice cream and keep it to our "Remember the Alamo" quoting selves? What would you do if we got the mythical 51% vote and became our own country (again) and immediately became the 4th largest oil producing country in the world with the one of the largest fighting forces? You would WALK...that is what you would do!

2) I know some family and friends view this blog to check up on us and see what is going on from time to time...leave a note and say howdy every now and again. It's like getting a phone call and that person not leaving a voicemail. I saw that it was you TIM JOHNSON'S CELL because I have caller ID. It wasn't like I was ignoring you...Seriously people, delurk sometime and say hello!
3) Speaking of family and friends...for those that have children that are making the dreaded decision soon on what college you will owe an arm and an leg to for the next 5 years...I can not endorse Texas A&M University enough. Besides my family and my Lord, nothing has influenced me more than being an Aggie. Some good, some bad - but all worth it. Kyle Field in Fall full of 80,000 swaying fans sawing varsity's horns off...Northgate...Aggie Bonfire...12th Man...Reed Arena getting "Turgeowned"..."Howdy"...maroon and white What-a-Burgers...Aggie Muster...the list goes on...There is a saying down in Aggieland, "From the outside looking in, you can't understand...from the inside looking out, you can't explain!" Nothing could be closer to the truth than that.
4) I am seriously outnumbered in this house. I close my eyes at night and all I see is pink! I walk into our living room and there are more toys than carpet! The little two...with the assistance of Mom and GranJoy have picked up the slack and then some with the loss of Bailey Dog. (NOTE TO SELF: Get Male Dog next time) You can not go two steps without some sort of mechanism spouting out the ABC's or singing some whacked out version of "She'll be comin' 'round the mountain!" Seriously, as the risk of sounding old...whatever happened to dolls, cars, and imagination. Why use your brain power thinking up how a soup can, pipe cleaner and a nickel can become a robot when you can go to ToysRus and buy...not only a robot...but one that walks, talks, fixes you breakfast and entertains you with dancing! A robot doing the robot...UPON FURTHER REVIEW: I am old!
5) My girls can say: Cookie, Cracker, Light, Mom, Dad, and other simple words. All meticulously taught to them by mom, grandparent or myself. AT NO TIME did we ever teach them the word that Allie uses the most. MINE! At the risk of trying to sound hip, but keeping my mother happy...WTH? She says it all the time. If one were to actually listen to her, everything in this house would be Allie's. Toys, couches, food, and yes even one size 11 New Balance shoe all have been claimed at one time or another! What's next?
6) I saw a t-shirt today that said, "Bank of Dad." I wept at the thought. How true a statement...I just hope my bank is FDIC insured!
7) I also saw a woman tonight lugging her hockey gear into the local StarCenter. And at no time did I want to call her Helga or curiously look at her-head cocked to the side like a confused puppylike-as I scanned for a mustache. She was petite and feminine. There is hope for my girls after all. I REFUSE to EVER buy a pair of these: YUCK!
8) I watched my daughter pick her nose...wait for it...it's gonna be good...EAT HER BOOGER! Now part of me was like, "gross!" But the other half of me cheered her on...that is the half that was outwardly expressing itself...I forgot to grow up! Now before you judge, there are two types of people in the world: A) Those who have eaten a booger and B) Those that have lied about eating a booger...what camp are you in!? Hmmm!?

How would you like to have this as your wake up call???

4 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

OK, delurking here...although I have commented from time to time. Your girls are growing so fast!!! Hope you are all doing well. We are just hoping for Spring around here, it's still in the 40's and 50's here. :( I miss Texas from time to time.

Mom N' Dad said...

We do the same to your site...I musts start commenting more! Good to see that you are moving "home!"
I can only assume, I would take the cold if it didn't mean the strong Texas Spring storms we have been getting. Tell everyone hello.

Angela said...

We read your blog. My husband and I. Usually I read and then show him the stuff he would get a kick out of. We read because you are funny and it all started because of the UCF football game. I have a question, where did you get those cups? My son likes to do that but we have glasses. Tile + glass and a toddler do not mix.
We enjoy your stories and funny thoughts about your children. Oh and our son starting picking his nose lately too. And when he passes gas, he looks for his Dad for approval. I can't wait till our little girl comes...:-)

Mom N' Dad said...

Well thank you, welcome and Hello all in one!

Farts...man I wish I had a boy sometimes...We could compete!

The glasses were a gift from Mom's mom along time ago. We see tumblers like that at Wal-Mart or in Target's $1 section. And with the summer coming soon I am sure they would have them right now!

Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family! Girls are fun too!