Friday, February 01, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Ok, so it is Friday night and my thumbs can't take any more COD4 tonight! I just got out of the girls room watching then sleep for the last 20 minutes or so. I stand over them and just watch then breathe, roll from font to back or tuck their legs under themselves and sleeping on their elbows and knees. I just watch, stroke their backs and say prayers over them. It is one of my favorite things. I would put watching my children sleep right up there with being in Kyle Field on a brisk Autumn Saturday watching the Aggies. And for those that know me, you know that is WAY up on the list. That got me thinking...what else do I love about my girls:
1) I love when Brooke eats. She acts like it will be her last meal and shovels as many peices in her mouth as she can all at once.
2) Allie's southern accent. I have no idea where she gets it *glimpses towards Odessa* but when she says "Bye" it sounds more like "byyyyyyyyyye!"
3) The fact that we hear "Double Trouble" EVERYDAY OF OUR LIVES!!!
4) They are great sleepers. 6-7pm to 6-7am.
5) Brooke's dancing...priceless!

Now things I don't care so much for:
1) The fact that each day either Allie or Brooke comes home with a bump, scrap or bruise from daycare.
2) There is a sign on the daycare door that says, "There is a confirmed case of Pink Eye in this room." Seriously? Can we go 1 month without sickness?
3) All the Dr visits and no confidence in diagnosis. I just want to know what is wrong/right with my girls...not more tests.
4) Not letting us sleep in on weekends

1 comment:

coneandmo said...

That is so sweet. We didn't know you had that sensitive side. :) Glad that you all are doing well.
M&M