Friday, August 08, 2008

American Pride...

Hello, I have something to admit to you lurkers! I LOVE THE OLYMPIC GAMES. I am an addict. I will eat, sleep and breathe the 2008 Summer games for the next 17 days. NBC coverage, HD programming...I might just gain 25 lbs. just sitting on my couch watching elite athletes...yes, I see the irony...China looks like a formidable "foe" this time around. Lets hope that the the NBA Ballers can bring back honor to the US program. Our gymnasts have it cut out. Swimmers should whoop that international tail...US Soccer...let the world have their football...I'll take soccer! BMX...yes bicycle racing...USA USA USA! But without trying to sound to cheesy, I get filled with hope when I see whole countries put aside differences and meet every four years on the athletic field rather than the battlefield. To see an American and a North Korean hug and high five one another after their swim...pretty cool and NO WHERE else!

Go get em America!!!
As a boy that grew up playing football, baseball and hockey I don't know much about the game of Soccer...er, um...football?...I can't go on about the offsides rule and I can't even fathom the idea of coaching 6 year old girls in "bunch ball" but I would be a very proud father if the my girls took the pitch during the 2024 Summer Olympic Games!

No comments: