Monday, July 02, 2007

It's Hip to Be Square...

Hey all! Sorry it's been a whole week since we've posted. I can't say that we've been doing all that much, but we seem to be busy all the time. I (mom) am on crutches right now, which is kinda slowing us down a bit. Well, I should say that I am supposed to be on crutches, but I like to defy the rules and go without them. I went to Boot Camp on Thursday, and we ran sprints IN THE POURING RAIN for an hour. We did weights between each sprint, but about 30 minutes into the workout I knew I had hurt something b/c my hip and leg were killing me, but I decided to be cool and continue for the next 30 minutes in total pain. By the time the workout was over, I could barely walk to my car. Of course I thought that I would be fine and dandy by Friday morning, but I couldn't put any weight on my leg the next day. So, off to the ER for some X-rays. They told me I tore a muscle in my hip, which would explain the excruciating pain. They gave me crutches, pain killers, muscles relaxers and anti-inflammatory meds. Good grief, do these people not know that I have two babies at home! So, I've been trying to walk on my own without the use of the medication, which is probably not a great idea. But, I think it's getting all better now b/c I can walk without much pain. I just have a bit of a limp for now b/c my legs are really stiff. No time for crutches and drowsy medicine!

The girls are getting their 9 month immunizations this afternoon, so that should be all kinds of fun. I can't believe they will be 10 months old this Saturday. Time flies! And then the girls are gonna go see their grandma tonight b/c dad is dying to see the advanced showing of the Transformers. So, I figured I'd tag along to see what all the hype is about. We haven't been to the movies in well over a year, so that alone will be fun!

That's all I got for now....here are some pictures to enjoy!



The "hoss" in her dress. Is that my daughter or a East German ladies power lifter?


OK, seriously get me a modeling agency on the line. Look at that awesome look. That look alone could sell millions of baby items!


Someone call Phil Knight, cause this potty break is brought to you by Nike.


For the uninitiated...that ain't mud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Mommy! I hope you feel better soon. It's never easy when mommys down.

I see ya'll are experiencing the highlights of parenthood. Haha!