Saturday, November 10, 2007

Music to My Ears...

Sorry patrons of everything blog a la A&B! We have been on lock down over here lately. Flu season had been upon us for about 17 minutes and the girls start sneezing and coughing green goo, and tugging on ears. We were told a couple of weeks ago that Brooke would need tubes in her ears to help in the pressure/draining. She has basically had one continuous ear infection since August. So it was long enough. We went in this Wednesday to get her tubes put in. Got up before the sun and had her at the hospital a few minutes later. Mom was smart to pre-check her in so we flew right upstairs and went straight in. I don't want to say we are numb to the idea of our girls being in the hospital and having medical things done, but the girls have been through a ton. Both have had ventilators, have been anaesthetised, surgeries, MRI's, etc...So the idea of a little gas to knock Brooke out wasn't all that bad. Heck, I need that when I go to the dentist. Otherwise, I am like a wounded animal in that chair. I will fight to the last drop of spit is suctioned out of my mouth! But anyways...Brooke was taken to the OR at 6:57 am and we were talking to the Dr. at 7:10 and mom was holding Brooke at 7:20. Simply amazing that it only takes 5-7 minutes to do something that will take us 5-7 years to pay off! Brooke is doing great! She talks so much more now...even though it is still "DA DA DA" to mom's disappointment.
Brooke being such a little trooper!

Pedi-anaesthesiologist checking Brooke out before her tubes.


One of the most touching pics...even with the goofy grin. Mom just gave Brooke over to the Dr.s to go and do the procedure.


Moments after she returns to Mom's arms. Tubes and all.


One she got some food in her she was fine...just like her Daddy. Feed me and I am good to go!



"Whats that? Allie can crawl? Show me!"







Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Too bad it is time for bed and not 7am


Like my bangs?



The girls after a long night of shopping. We sometimes take them to the mall so people can stop and ask us questions: Are they twins? Are they boys? How do you do it? and our best...What DR. did you use?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read a new post. I had been wondering and worried that your house was fighting illness since there had not been a post in a while.

I understand fully about becoming numb to the whole hospital thing..I mean it's a big deal, but you know it could be so much worse. You look at things so much differently after you have had the whole "NICU" expereince. Glad things went well, and hope the tubes make a big difference and help her feel better now.

I'm laughing at your last paragraph. I can hear it now...don't you just love it?! Haha! :) just kidding! Hang in there. Ya'll are doing an awesome job!!

Marc and Charity said...

Gosh those girlies are growing fast! I love the face the doctor is making in that picture...hahaha.

Bailey had tubes in her ears 2 days before we moved here, and it was the best we ever did! She has done great! She did have 2 infections since, but nothing major and it healed quickly!

It looks like the same place we had Bailey's done- is it Plano Pedaitric something or other? Not that I really need to know, I'm just rambling.

Hendrick Family said...

I'm just another crazy person asking questions...sorry!

I found your blog searching for people with twins.

My husband and I just got a call from our adoption agency yesterday asking us to pray about adopting twin girls.

We have three boys already so twin girls is honestly the LAST thing I would have ever expected!

Part of me thinks that twins could be kind of "neat." A huge chunk of me says, "no way! How could anyone actually do this...and we would be signing up to do it!" My husband is praying this weekend for wisdom...but he asked me to try and find others with twins and ask them to realistically share with me what raising two newborns is like.

We've only raised singles...and so, all I can think is, "how can one mother raise two newborns?" It seems impossible.

If you get a minute, will you email me?

heather@lhbc.net