Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow...

Dad Here:
OK, guys...have you ever been accidentally kicked in your groin region? Well that is how I felt on Saturday night. Seriously, can Fran just drive down highway 6 with Kyle Field in his rear view already? The Aggies lost to KU...as in The University of Kansas...as in a BASKETBALL school! (BTW - KU? Shouldn't it be Kansas University? What's up with that OU?) I am done.

Being as Aggie fan is like being told over and over that your are hot enough, smart enough, strong enough, but that girl just wants to be friends. We are perpetually in the "Friends Zone." Forgot friendships...I want to be married to a top 10 team team and throw in an affair with a BCS National Championship every so often just to keep things spicy! Is that too much to ask for?

Sunday was much better. The family went to a pumpkin patch! Check out the pics below. We also paid $12 to figure out that our girls are too young to enjoy a petting zoo, so Mom N' Dad got to feed some goats, sheep and one nasty cheap copy of Bevo! Our babies were the cutest ones out there. People with their own children were stopping to take pics of our kids...and their children weren't even around. Not much to this weekend...oh and Allie crawled for the first time and Mom's car got broken into and purse stolen.









I fought every urge to get a coat hanger and form it into a "13-0" branding iron!



Like the outfits? That is all on Mom! Dad would have had them in God knows what. Good thing Mom is around to mix n' match and make our girls look like fashion mavens!


Hey Brooke... say Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!


The one time that both girls are looking up at the same time and it is not even at the camera...it is to watch the "interesting" people at the pumpkin patch!


No need for tissues when you have an "Express-o-matic-nose picker" around


And it wasn't even a windy day???


The Buffalo is out to pasture...already given up its wings for human consumption!
You are witness to my whole life! These three beating hearts, souls. Without them I am nothing...with them I am everything.



Brooke breaking a pumpkin. Break you buy it!



Mom here:

Just a quick note to tell you more about our weekend. Our weekend did not get off to such a great start. On Friday, my work was having a carnival and BBQ and lots of fun activities at lunch, so I decided to go pick up the girls and bring them back with me since families were invited. So, I ran into daycare and was gone about 3 minutes. When I came back – in broad daylight mind you – I just happened to glance at my driver’s side window and thought how sparkly my window looked. It took me about 2 seconds to realize that those sparkles were broken glass. Someone had smashed a big hole in my window! And yes, I had left my purse sitting in the passenger seat, and now it was gone. So, I ran the girls back in and immediately called the police and the bank. The losers had already used my credit card! And let me just tell you some fun things that these not so nice people scored: credit cards, checks, my BRAND NEW cell phone (complete with phone numbers that I don’t know otherwise), driver’s license and social security card (and yes, I am FULLY aware of the big no-no it is to carry your SS card with you and promise to have learned that lesson the hard way). So, now I am without a driver’s license. And here is the funny thing. You can’t get a driver’s license without a SS card, and you can’t get a SS card without a driver’s license. Nice. It was already hard enough when I was at the bank on Saturday trying to transfer my funds to a new account. Try that without any ID. But, I got it done, and I can’t access my account until after the weekend. It’s just such a violation and such a hassle to get these things replaced. Not to mention the $500 dollars we will spend replacing the cell phone, purse, wallet, makeup, car window and tinting. But, you know what? The sun WILL come out tomorrow. And it did! This afternoon (Sunday), Allie crawled! She crawled about 6 steps. She has never crawled more than one step without falling to her belly. So, I’ll gladly give up my valuables for something so awesome as that anyday!! Those 6 little steps erased all the frustration and anger that I had about my stolen purse. That is absolutely priceless! Isn’t it amazing how God shows us his grace and love in the smallest things and reminds us that our worldly possessions are nothing compared to the miracles He has in store for us each day. I was so upset about all my “valuables” being stolen, and then He reminds me that true happiness isn’t in these things. They are in the simple things like your baby crawling for the first time. Thank you Lord for this reminder!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so so so sorry to hear that story. It is never fun when things like that happen. We have been in a similar situation and it just stinks. But you are so right,"worldly possessions are nothing compared to the miracles He has in store for us each day"...like your precious little angels. Thank goodness the girls were not in the car when it happen. Situations like that are never cool, but you realize it could have been so much worse. I pray that you are able to get things squared away soon. I know what a big hassle it must be to handle all that, on top of caring for your family. Praying for you girl! :) HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

You can use your birth certificate to get your SS card that will in turn allow you to get your new drivers license. Hope that helps!

Ashley said...

Yeah for Allie crawling, what a big girl! :) I'm sorry to hear they have been sick, poor babies! Can't wait to see you on Thursday, Brandy! Ashley