Monday, October 02, 2006

So Much For Good News...

Excuse me if I am not witty or have a fun quip...I guess we have hit the downside of the good news slope. Mom N' Dad have been concerned about Allie for some time now. She was not feeling good and had some infection. So the Dr. started treating it generally and took a blood culture to find the little pesky infection. The first two blood cultures came back positive. Bad sign. The third came back negative. Good sign. The fourth came back as a totally different infection. Allie has "gram-negative rods" swimming around in her body right now. The biggest concern right now is that it could be E.Coli (no, she didn't eat the spinach), Menengitis or NEC. All very serious. Mom N' Dad were just bragging that she was a fighter and was getting better. I deal with irate people all day at work, then got this news tonight, and to top it off...my Aggies lose once again to Texas Tech. Somtimes life sucks! I am a "fixer." I want to fix my little girl. Did I mention that stressing out at work, stressing out at the hospital is going to give me a stroke? Hopefully my hospital bed will fit in Allie N' Brooke's NICU apartment. Move over girls. Daddy is moving in! And you ask what about Mom? She is Superman with all this. She has become a mother of the year candidate. She is on top of things, she is the "Boss" when it comes to NICU related items. She visits daily. She holds the girls daily. Dad could not do what Mom does. Even though she is not working right now, her days are just as stressed filled as Dads are. Mom is a Hero in all this.

As expected Brooke is doing fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason and I are still praying for you guys every day and we'll definetely emphasize Allie over the next few days. Don't forget, "it's a preemie thing"...It'll all work out and I'm sure they'll both be fine. Trust in the doctors and more importantly trust in The Lord! He knows what he's doing! Don't hesitate to call if you guys need anything!
We love you all!
Jessie and Jason Swanson