Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dear Mama...

Sunday was Baby Dedication day at our church. Let me tell you, for as much as Mom used to like seeing all the babies when it WASN'T our turn, it is a whole different story when it is. First off, I must admit a small secret of mine. Dad hates wearing a suit. Never have, never will. Some people look dapper in one...I look like a dork...regardless of the cut or designer. So there I was in a suit and it must have been 350 degrees in the sanctuary. I was sweating beads and steam pressing my shirt under my suit coat for what seemed forever. Because it was Mother's Day there were over 30 families that were in the ceremony, which made for a long morning. Mom held "B" and Dad held "A". We both suffer, "A" is heavier - "B" wiggles! We held our girls from 845am to 945am. My biceps are burning still!
The ceremony was beautiful. It was nice to "present" our girls to our church for the first time, even though we didn't get a laugh or "ahhh" from the crowd. I am sure they were just looking in disgust at the fat, bald guy sweating all over his child. Mom on the other hand could not have looked prettier. She was calm cool and collected.

We then went to a very fancy Mother's Day brunch with my mom and her husband. As it usually happens, the girls gave us exactly 14 seconds to eat lunch! What is it about people and shrimp at a buffet? They kept bringing out platters and platters of it and it would be gone in seconds. Do you people not realize that shrimp are like the crickets of the sea. They are EVERYWHERE and VERY easy to come by. Something that is sold for .99 cents at Long John Silver isn't considered fine cuisine.

"B" and Mom are both under the weather today, so that leaves Dad to take care of everyone. Did I mention that I am a hunter...not a provider. The most compassion you are going to get out of me is a "suck it up!" No seriously, are you hurt or injured? Both have Dr's appointments today. Should be fun for all!




"A" doing her best to stay interested as Mom snaps 1,000 pics of her.


"B" in purple! Her dress all debutanted out!


The Fam! It is easy to tell where my girls get their good looks!

Happy 1st Mother's Day, beautiful!


"A" giving a sign that she is hungry or did Grandpa Marsh spill something yummy on his tie?


Both girls enjoying a well deserved nap on their nightly "witching hour" stroll around the neighborhood. A quiet baby is a GOOD baby. Look at those chubby legs...did we have babies or Shar-Pei's?

No comments: