Friday, May 25, 2007

Dr., Dr., Give Me the News...

Well, we are on the mend - somewhat. Dad and I are getting over our upper respiratory infections (or at least that's what the doctor told me that I had last week). I resumed my Boot Camp workout this week after taking all of last week off. Have I mentioned that this class kicks my booty! The girls are still pretty stuffy but chipper as ever. Poor little "B" still has her stomach problem. We took her to the doctor AGAIN today. We took her last week, and I have called them a few times since then. We were getting kinda worried, so we wanted the dr. to actually see her today as opposed to just talking to a nurse on the phone. I mean, it's just not natural for a baby to poop 4 to 6 times a day for 2 weeks! And don't get me started on her severe diaper rash! We were concerned that she was either dehydrating and/or losing weight. So, the doctor looked her over today and decided that he wasn't comfortable with this going on for 2 weeks either. So, we are changing to a lactose-free formula for a week or so, and we have to bring back 3 stool samples tomorrow. That shouldn't be so hard since there is plenty of that going on around here. I think they are checking her white blood cell count with one sample, a parasite with another, and rotavirus with the other. The strange thing is that she doesn't really have any other symptoms - no fever, no vomiting, no lethargy, etc. She just has a really stuffy nose, which seems pretty unrelated. We are just anxious to figure out what is going on with her so we can get her well again.

Both girls are so close to crawling - especially B. She will pull both knees under her and push straight up with her arms and rock back and forth. But, she normally either face plants or falls over before she actually moves. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they are both off and crawling. Still no teeth :(

No big plans for us for Memorial Day weekend...just a little relaxation. Hope you have a Happy Memorial Weekend!




"B" (right) is always smiling! "A" smiles alot too, but I can never seem to capture it on camera. She is always too interested in the light that comes on before the picture snaps. Then all we get is her surprised look.


"B" (left) smiling again! I think I almost got a smile from "A" on this one!







"A" getting her first taste of pears. Not liking it so much. She prefers the bland taste of mushed peas!





"B"does this crazy little dance all the time. For those that know Dad, he has a special dance he does as well...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope they diagnose the problem soon so she can be treated and better asap. CUTE pictures!! :)

Mom N' Dad said...

Thanks Liz! We have ruined one to many pairs of shorts with this new stomach ailment...praying for a fix! Mom N' Dad

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we just missed each other last night at the hospital. What's going on? Everyone ok?