Thursday, October 25, 2007

School Days...

Hey everyone! It’s mom. I haven’t blogged in forever, so dad has been keeping you updated. Since I last wrote forever ago, lots has happened. I started back to work last month, so the girls started “school.” Can I just tell you how hard it was to leave the girls all day long?! I would be lying if I said that it’s easier now because it’s not. I really miss the girls during the day. It feels like a big hole in my heart. I know they are being well taken care of and making new friends, but it’s still hard. I stay really busy at work, so the days fly by. The girls are graduating soon to the “toddler room (12-24 months). We wanted to start them out in the infant room because Allie is still behind on her development. But, they are going to be moving up soon. They have made friends, so that makes me happy. Speaking of Allie, she is still working with a physical therapist and is doing pretty well. She still isn’t crawling, but we can definitely see progress with her. She is just taking her time with everything. Brooke, on the other hand, stands up on everything, and can walk along things while holding on. Such a big girl!

Our house has been full of sickness lately. Allie, Brooke, and dad have all been fighting being sick for a week or more now. Both girls were running a pretty high fever over the weekend, which was kinda scary since it was really our first fever. So, we went to the doctor on Tuesday for a checkup and a flu shot. And, of course, both girls had ear infections. This is Brooke’s 5th ear infection since July. FIFTH!! It is Allie’s first. The doctor warned us last time that one more would equal ear tubes, and guess what? Brooke is getting tubes in her ears. We go next week to the ENT doctor and then will probably have the procedure done about a week after that. We hope that will clear up any more infections, and hopefully Allie’s will clear without tubes.

I have lots of pictures to add below. And because it’s too hard to chose, I am posting a bunch of pictures. Hope you enjoy!

You can't help but smile when Brooke flashes her big silly smile!

And who wouldn't love Allie's sweet face!


Brooke sleeping

Allie sleeping peacefully with Tigger

Allie and Brooke playing with the GINORMOUS dog that our sweet friend Cherrie Pie gave them as an early Christmas gift. They had so much fun playing with this dog!







Brooke's serious pose...

Allie

Allie again



Allie excited about her cool new BIG dog!



Brooke meeting her new dog friend today. We gotta come up with a name for this big thing!

Because my shirt says so...



Brooke loves to stand up at the back door and make barking noises when the dog is outside

Allie and Brooke playing with the BIG DOG

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor sick babies! There is nothing more pitiful than seeing your babies sick & not their usual happy self! I hope that they start feeling better soon.

We miss our lunch/playdates with you girls!! Let's catch up soon!
Ashley & girls

Anonymous said...

How Cute! I love all those pictures. I know it must be hard to be away from your kiddos while you work. You'll just have to give them extra hugs and kisses when your with them. Get better everyone...and I hope the procedure does the trick.