Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sleeping Single in a Double Bed...

It has been only 4 days since we have had 1/2 of our children home from the NICU and I am TIRED. It is not like the "Study all night for a test" or "talk to your best friend for 8 hours" tired...this is "I think the couch is on fire, oh well!" kind of TIRED. And if I am that tired, Mom is a mouse toot away from being in the grave TIRED.
Remember in one of the Star Trek movies where the aliens come to destroy Earth if they don't hear the whale song for some almost extinct species? Well I have Allie Alien at home. When Allie and Brooke were co-bedding in the NICU, Allie would send out these grunts and Brooke would answer with the same grunts. Well having them split is really sad...but funny...to hear Allie make her "whale song" and get no reply. I am sure she will be SO happy on Sunday morning when my two whales can talk to one another again.
I think I might bash my head into the table now...if I hit it hard enough I might get knocked out and get some good sleep.
Sunday morning, both of these chairs will be full! Brooke was given the "Go" to come home and reunite with her sister and make this family whole again!

Allie cheering on her Aggies...to bad it didn't work! I need to see if they have a newborn outfit with "Fire Fran" on it!

Bailey (the dog) still has no clue. She thinks Allie is a toy. When Allie grunts, Bailey freaks out!

No comments: