Saturday, March 03, 2007

Amazing Grace

Mom here. Okay, so this is my first post on this blog. Sad, huh? It’s just that dad is much more witty and humorous. He’s the creative writer, and I like to check for comma errors and whether or not the word too, to, or two is used correctly. Anyway, I thought I would just share my thoughts on this whole experience, so here goes.

What can I say to sum up the last almost 6 months since the girls were born? Praise the Lord! Here are a few verses that sum it up best:

“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their trouble." Psa 34:17

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psa 55:22

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exo 14:14

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow!" Eph 1:3

It’s amazing what Bible versus you can actually remember when you need to. I remember lying on the operating table just before they knocked me out. I was shaking violently and scared to death. I was singing random hymns in my head, and I remember the words from Psalm 23 popped into my head. I didn’t know that I had memorized it, but apparently I did somewhere along the way. I was suddenly calm. It makes you wonder how people who don’t know the Lord get through trials. I know I couldn’t have made it through this whole experience without knowing that God is in control and that He would give us strength. The Lord is faithful and He will provide! I can't say thank you enough for eveyone who kept Allie and Brooke in their prayers! I actually got a letter from a lady in a church in Arlington (I think) who was praying for them when they were in the NICU. I didn't even know her, but apparently A & B were on the prayer list at my aunt's church, and this sweet lady chose to pray for them specifically and sent me a letter to let me know. WOW! I truly believe in the power of prayer, and I know there were countless numbers of people lifting up our girls to the Lord's healing power. What a testimony to God's grace!

Allie and Brooke are SO sweet and beautiful. Is there any mom out there who doesn’t think their child is the cutest in the world? Well, I guess I’m no different. They are so much fun! They are definitely morning babies! And great sleepers now too! We put them to sleep each night between 8-9, and they usually sleep until about 7 the next morning. And, they don’t wake up crying in the morning. They just start talking and “oohing and aahing.” When you walk in there, they will give you the biggest smile ever. What a great way to start the day! It’s hard to believe that they were ever just 2 pounds and struggling for life because now they are so full of life. Never a dull moment for me or dad!

Moms’ Random thoughts:

1. Ya know, the girls may not want to go to A&M. What if they are wise and want to go to Texas Tech! Get yer guns up!

2. A lady in the doctor’s office told me that she met someone who was breastfeeding their child at age 5. WHAT??!! If your child can stand and still nurse, he/she is WAY too old.

3. People keep telling me that I look good for just having twins. Is that a compliment? Can you just leave off the last part? That way I don’t feel like I only look good to them as compared to other moms of twins. Ya know what I mean?

4. How great are the new babydoll shirts that are in style right now? I got a few pounds still to go on the belly, so these are wonderful for hiding.

5. Do they make babydoll swimsuits? I might need one of those this summer!

Well, that’s all I got for now. I’ll leave you with a couple of pictures from yesterday’s photo shoot (at home of course). Notice the nice big gash between Allie's eyes. It’s really hard to keep the nails short ALL the time, but apparently I need to stay on top of that! BTW, I LOVE bows on baby girls!





1 comment:

Chad & Amy said...

Love the pictures!!! It is always great to hear about things from the other side of the table. Working in L&D it becomes routine, and we don't think about the nerves and such of moms. Thanks for the reminder, and the girls are such a big blessing (not to mention cute).