Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Finally Caught Up

Ok, so I started this blog today and have finally caught up to real time. Today was September 11th, 2006.

This day meant something all too different for me before the events on this weekend. Now it means something even more deeper to me. I watched my twins struggling with life today as the TV in the NICU showed the Twin Towers fall. I flipped through the victim list of that fateful day to remind myself of the passengers of United 93 that never stopped fighting. That spirit means something totally different to me today as well. Our girls have a rough road ahead, but I see the resolve in them, I see the spirit in them. We feel everyone's prayers and we know that God does not give you anything that you can't handle.

God knew that I needed this experience to fully come to love my girls. I was scared to death that if our girls had made it to November and we took them home that I was going to be a standoff Dad since there is absolutely not one ounce of "girl" in me. But try and tell me that today. My twins are fighters...they get that from their father!

No comments: