Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Open Letter to my girls...

Allie and Brooke,

Your daddy is many things…but one of the few things he is not is a helpless addict to dip tobacco…anymore. I quit 100 days ago today. A painful road to walk down but well worth it. Simply, put I want to be around for the women in my life:

I took one look at the sonogram showing both of you and I knew that I had to be here in the future for you. In the first few years you will be to vulnerable to defend yourself, so you need your dad. In the pre-teen years you will want to learn to ride a bike, so you need your dad. As teenagers you will get you heart broken by a boy, so you will need your dad. In your college years you will need someone to help you move away, so you will need your dad. In your young adult years you will meet a man, if I did everything right, who will be just like dad. Then you will need me just once more. When you walk down the aisle, you will need your dad.

Love,
Dad

No comments: