Thursday, September 14, 2006

Gotta go the Distance...

Another day, another early morning phone call. This time is was Allie. Her heart rate dropped dangerously low. They had to put her back on the ventilator. Steps back to take steps forward? I pray! I think I am going to have to revert back to my hockey playing days.

I played with two rules: 1) Practice like its the real thing & 2) There is 60 minutes of game time. It is not the first or last minute of the game that makes a win...it is what you do in the 58 minutes in between that count.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. But two days at home with two early am phone calls about my girls...this is going to be rough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daddy Chad--

It's a voice from your past-Liz McDonald. I saw Janice yesterday and she caught me up.

My godson, Garrison, was born at 30 weeks. 2 lbs. 1 oz. My best friend Kathi (his mom) is well connected at Presby Dallas. Please let me know if I can tap her to help you all in any way!

Kathi's husband did the same thing with his wedding ring--went all the way up G's leg.

Medicine combined with love and faith can work miracles. Hang in there.

All 4 of you are in my thoughts. If you need anything drop me a line at liz.mcdonald@madd.org or eemcdonald@msn.com. Cell 214.500.0580.

God bless you all-Liz

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you all and for peace throught the times you are not right next to your girls.
Thank you for updating this blog. I want to be able to continue to pray specifically for you all!

Julie

Mom N' Dad said...

Thanks Julie. Your prayers a greatly appreciated and needed.